Thursday, September 1, 2011

Something I've taken for granted

During my high school days, I had amazing skin. As a very young adult, I had terrible skin. This is when I was learning how to wrestle and becoming a pro. I learned to take great care of my skin, and it has been amazing since. I used great products like Obagi, washing my face twice a day, using sunscreen and routine facials. I've always had ''Normal Skin'' and used normal skin products to maintain my skins health.

Well, for the last 4 months my skin has taken a turn for the worst. In 9 days, I turn the big 3...0... I guess since I'm leaving my 20's and entering the VERY early 30's my skin wants to completely change on me. Starting all over at the age of 29, I've got to learn how to handle this (as I point to my face and make a big circle around it). So, my friend Shawnte told me to some to her school and she was going to have a look at what I call, ''My mess of my face.''

So, last night I went to her school as I laid on the table for the examination. She grabs this big light, puts it over my face, takes a good, and says these words to me, ''You've got oily skin.'' WHAT? I've never had oily skin! I first thought, ''Now I need new facial products.'' Then she tells me I need to go buy all new products for my face, because I probably wasn't using facial products for oily skin. I swear she read my mind.

After the diagnosis, she cleaned my face, steamed it, then put a mint mask on. I woke up this morning with a clearer face. Today, I've got a list of products I need to go buy. YEAH! SPEND MORE MONEY! But you know what? It's worth it, because as I was leaving the house, all I could do was think about my skin till I saw her. If it takes spending a little money to make me feel better about myself, to balance my skin back out, and not have to worry about what my face looks like, then it's completely worth it to me.

So, if you're active like myself, try witch hazel oil (on a cotton ball) as an astringent if you're out and can't get to a sink to clean your face.

Now it's time to experiment with my face to see what works best for me.

Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment